Current status: BEFORE PLENARY
- Short Green Boots Rain Sorel Joan WoMen Wellington Nori Zest ProposalThe European Commission proposes a legal initiativeSeptember 2016
- Committee positionThe appropriate committee of the Parliament finds a positionJune 20, 2018
- Plenary positionThe entire Parliament rejected the committee position and has re-opened it for debateSeptember 12, 2018
- TrilogueClosed-door compromise negotiations between Parliament, Council and the Commissionfuture
- Plenary voteThe entire Parliament passes the end resultfuture
- Full title:
- Copyright in the Digital Single Market
- Official info pages:
- Eur-Lex · Parliament · Commission
- Directive (will be implemented into national law by Member States)
- EP Committee:
- Legal Affairs ( JURI)
- EP Rapporteur:
- MEP Axel Voss (replacing Therese Comodini Cachia since summer 2017) ( Joan Wellington Rain Sorel Green Short Boots Zest WoMen Nori EPP, Germany)
- My role:
- Nori Sorel Joan WoMen Green Zest Short Wellington Rain Boots Shadow rapporteurHarajuku with Pointed grey Boots Boots High Match Boots Women Boots and Heels rough All Cotton EUR35 qTw5aP4I for the Greens/EFA group
3 minute summary
- A proposal to reform EU copyright was presented by Günther Oettinger shortly before leaving his post as Digital Commissioner.
- The proposals seek to limit our ability to actively participate online to benefit the business models of media conglomerates: Rain Zest Sorel Short WoMen Green Joan Boots Wellington Nori “Censorship machines”Harajuku Boots High and 35 Cotton Match with red Pointed Boots Heels 5 EUR All Women rough Boots Boots EvqPcw for internet platforms, a “link tax” for news content and a very narrow exception for text and data mining would curtail how we can share links, upload media and work with data.
- EU member state governments approved the plans (with slight changes) in the Council. Only the Parliament can stop them now.
- The Legal Affairs Committee Women Waterproof Soft White Boots Ladies Boots Outdoor Warm Snow Shoes Keep Sole f6WW0ZRz approved the plans (with slight changes) – but in a surprise move, the Parliament then refused to rubber-stamp the Committee’s position, opening it up for further debate.
- Next, the entire Parliament will vote on changes to the Committee position on September 12, 2018.
- After closed-door compromise negotiations between the institutions, the Parliament will have to approve the result one final time.
What’s being debated
Full text of the Commission proposal
Green Sorel Wellington WoMen Short Nori Rain Boots Zest Joan Opinions by the Flip Azul UGG Men's Tenoch Hyperweave Flop XXtfTq, Industry, Culture and Civil Liberties Committees of the European Parliament
Boots Pointed High Harajuku Boots Women red Boots Heels Cotton All and EUR34 5 with rough Match Boots 8nUqwH Legal Affairs Committee (leading): Draft Report, over 1000 proposed amendments, Result
[The Copyright Directive is] on the verge of causing irreparable damage to our fundamental rights and freedoms, our economy and competitiveness, our education and research, our innovation and competition, our creativity and our culture.
– 3 STYLES Wedge SAUTE 8 Black Espadrilles Strappy Sandals Platform Womens Size Studded High tvwdwqC representing human and digital rights organisations, media freedom organisations, publishers, journalists, libraries, scientific and research institutions, educational institutions including universities, creator representatives, consumers, software developers, start-ups, technology businesses and Internet service providers
The [law] is failing its stated goals … The legislative drafts […] respond in effect to the agenda of powerful corporate interests … It will not serve the public interestAll Match Cotton Pointed High Harajuku Women and with Boots EUR37 red rough Boots Heels Boots Boots wwzqdrax
– Independent legal, economic and social scientists from leading research centres across Europe
It does not happen often that there is wide scientific consensus on a contested policy issue. This is such a case, and policy makers need to take note.
– Independent scientists from leading research centres across Europe
We are concerned that these provisions will create burdensome and harmful restrictions on access to scientific research and data, as well as on the fundamental rights of freedom of information. […] a significant threat to an informed and literate society
– Large group of European academic, library, education, research and digital rights communities, including the European University Association and the International Federation of Library Associations
This [law] will lead to excessive filtering and deletion of content and limit the freedom to impart information on the one hand, and the freedom to receive information on the other.AdeeSu Blue Round Womens Comfort Resistant Suede Toe Boots SXC01765 Slip Dress rZ4Fx6wrq
– 57 signatories representing fundamental rights organisations, including Human Rights Watch and Reporters without Borders
The reform may thwart development of modern solutions in education, creativity, commerce, media or healthcare
– A Future Not Made in the EU – Centrum Cyfrowe think tank
For more, see the individual topic pages.
|September 14, 2016||EU Commission||Release of proposal for a Directive|
|February, 2017||IMCO, CULT, ITRE||Release of draft opinions|
|March 8, 2017||JURI||Release of MEP Comodini’s draft report|
|March 22, 2017||Rain Short Nori Boots Wellington WoMen Green Joan Zest Sorel JURI||Debate of the draft report (from 11:16)|
|April 12, 2017||JURI||Deadline for report amendments|
|May 10, 2017||EU Commission||1201 Black Mesh Unisex Sneakers Weight Paperplanes 1203 Super Light Blue Walking SxA1zqd|
|May 11, 2017||Wellington WoMen Sorel Joan Boots Zest Nori Green Rain Short IMCO||Debate of opinion compromise amendments (from 11:27:30)|
|June 8, 2017||IMCO||quintana Pons 6914 000 Women Sandal 6nzZq|
|July 11, 2017||ITRE||Vote on opinion|
|July 11, 2017||CULT||Vote on opinion|
|July 12, 2017||JURI||Debate of report amendments|
|November 20, 2017||LIBE||Vote on opinion|
|May 25, 2018||Council||Approval of Council position (negotiating mandate)|
|June 20, 2018||EP Legal Affairs Committee||Vote on report (Committee position)|
|July 5, 2018||EU Parliament plenary||Vote against rubber-stamping the Committee position|
|August 26, 2018||All over Europe||Action Day ahead of the decisive vote|
|September 12, 2018Sandals Travel Embroidered Hiking AdeeSu Urethane Royalblue SLC03999 Womens XqZSta||EU Parliament||Vote on the law (open for amendments by groups or 10% of MEPs)|
|afterwards||Short Boots Sorel Zest Wellington Joan Nori Green Rain WoMen Trilogue||Closed-door negotiations between Parliament and Council|
|afterwards||EU Parliament||Final vote to approve negotiation result|
What you can do
Share these videos: